NOTICE - Starting March 17th, the Village will be restricting public access to all municipal facilities in order to comply with social distancing recommendations from the Governor’s office, the Illinois Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”). All operations will continue to operate with this closure, however, access will be moved to electronic means wherever possible or reasonable. All building permits will only be accepted electronically in PDF format at email@example.com. Forms are available below. Please direct all building, zoning, and inspection related calls to 630-286-5410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through its ongoing planning activities and work with community volunteers, the Community Development Department strives to improve the Village’s quality of life and services by creating the right balance of new development with the preservation of existing neighborhoods.
The Department assists businesses and individuals interested in:
- Purchasing or developing property (platting, subdivisions, development review);
- Undertaking construction projects (permitting, inspections);
- Property Maintenance/Code Enforcement Inquiries; and
- Opening or relocating businesses (certificates of occupancy, land use regulations).
The Department is also responsible for assisting with:
- requests for zoning variations and map amendments (zoning map);
- requests for plats of subdivision, resubdivision, dedication, and vacation;
- requests for annexation;
- implementation of the village comprehensive plan and its components (Downtown Master Plan, 55th Street Sub-Area Plan); and
- management of the village’s Ogden Tax Increment Finance (TIF) District.