New Resident Information
Welcome to the Village of Clarendon Hills! We are glad you have chosen to live in this great community. Clarendon Hills prides itself on offering quality, top-rated schools and convenient access to the entire Chicago area. This page serves as a resource of information as you get settled into your home. Additional information about Village services, local businesses, and more are posted throughout the website.
Water. Contact the Village’s Utility Billing Clerk at 630-286-5416 to set up your water account or with water bill questions.
Sewer. The Flagg Creek Water Reclamation District (FCWRD) provides sanitary sewer services for Clarendon Hills and the surrounding area. FCWRD can be reached at 630-323-3299.
Refuse and Recycling. The Village is contracted with Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) to provide residential refuse, recycling, and yard waste collection. Their number is 844-633-3577. You can find out more about their services by going to www.clarendonhills.us/refuse and/or https://www.lrsrecycles.com/clarendonhills/
Natural Gas. Nicor (888-642-6748)
Good to Know
- Vehicle Stickers. The Village requires Village’s registered within the Village to receive a vehicle sticker. They can be purchased through the Police Department at Village Hall or online. New residents must obtain a village vehicle sticker within 30 days of moving into the Village. Existing residents who acquire a new vehicle must show proof of purchase within 30 days to avoid late charges.
- Backflow Testing. The Village of Clarendon Hills Cross Connection Control Program is designed to safeguard public health by protecting the municipal drinking water supply. Your cooperation is essential.
- Commuter parking permits. Quarterly commuter parking permits for Burlington/Quincy and the Metra Lot are available through the Police department.
- Parking. Parking on village streets is prohibited between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am - violators will be ticketed. If you need to park your vehicle overnight you must contact the Police department by phone at (630) 286-5460 or online here:www.frontlinepss.com/clarendonhills No parking is ever allowed on the same side of the street as fire hydrants. The Village enforces residents only parking on Village streets from 8 am to 10 am to avoid commuter parking issues.
- Pet License. Pets must be registered with the Village of Clarendon Hills. Pet license applications are available through the Police Department or at Village Hall.
- Building Permits. Any person planning to perform work in connection with the construction, erection, enlargement, remodeling, altering, repair, raising, lowering, underpinning, moving or wrecking of any building, structure or portion is required to first apply for and obtain a building permit.
- Alarm Permits. Please note, any resident with a security system that contains an alarm must complete a permit application available at the police station or by clicking here.
- Smart911. Register for Smart911, a confidential DuPage County service that allows you to create a family profile so that in an emergency, first responders will know as much information as possible when arriving at your home. Registering your cell phone to your home address is another great advantage.
- Maps. Interactive Village and County maps are posted at www.clarendonhills.us/maps..
- Coyotes. Occasionally, residents will see coyotes. Find out more at www.clarendonhills.us/coyote
- Stay in the Know.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the General Email list for things like refuse service changes, train breakdowns, etc. or sign up directly from the “How do I” tab on the village website www.clarendonhills.us.
- Check our Village website’s home page News and Events at www.clarendonhills.us.
- Read weekly Manager/Staff reports every Friday under at www.clarendonhills.us/weekly
- Attend or listen to our Board Meetings www.clarendonhills.us/AgendaCenter.
- Follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram at VillageofCH. We love sharing the happenings going on in Clarendon Hills!
- Emergency 911
- JULIE 811. Call before you dig; know what’s below.
- Police Department Non-Emergency at 630-286-5460
- Fire Department Non-Emergency at 630-286-5430
- Clarendon Hills Park District at 630-323-2626
- Clarendon Hills Pool at 630-325-1040
- Clarendon Hills Public Library at 630-323-8188
- Clarendon Hills Post Office at 630-323-0309
- DuPage County Administration Office at 630-407-6500
- Community Consolidated School District 181 at 630-887-1070
- Maercker School District 60 at 630-515-4840
- Hinsdale Township High School District 86 at 630-655-6100
- Community Unit School District 201 at 630-468-8000