New Resident Information

welcome1Welcome to the Village of Clarendon Hills! We are glad you have chosen to live in this great community. Clarendon Hills prides itself on offering quality, top-rated schools and convenient access to the entire Chicago area. This page serves as a resource of information as you get settled into your home. Additional information about Village services, local businesses, and more are posted throughout the website. 


Water.  Contact the Village’s Utility Billing Clerk at 630-286-5416 to set up your water account or with water bill questions.  

Sewer. The Flagg Creek Water Reclamation District (FCWRD) provides sanitary sewer services for Clarendon Hills and the surrounding area. FCWRD can be reached at 630-323-3299.

Refuse and Recycling. The Village is contracted with Republic Services (630-964-3232) to provide residential refuse, recycling, and yard waste collection.

Electricity. Commonwealth Edison (800-334-7661)
The Village of Clarendon Hills offers a lower electric supply rate through electric aggregation.  For more information click here.

Natural Gas. Nicor (888-642-6748)

Good to Know

  • Vehicle Stickers. The Village requires Village’s registered within the Village to receive a vehicle sticker. They can be purchased through the Police Department at Village Hall or online. New residents must obtain a village vehicle sticker within 30 days of moving into the Village. Existing residents who acquire a new vehicle must show proof of purchase within 30 days to avoid late charges.
  • Commuter parking permits. Quarterly commuter parking permits for Burlington/Quincy and the Metra Lot are available through the Police department.
  • Parking. Parking on village streets is prohibited between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am - violators will be ticketed. If you need to park your vehicle overnight you must contact the Police department by phone at (630) 286-5460 or online  No parking is ever allowed on the same side of the street as fire hydrants. The Village enforces residents only parking on Village streets from 8 am to 10 am to avoid commuter parking issues.
  • Pet License. Pets must be registered with the Village of Clarendon Hills. Pet license applications are available through the Police Department or at Village Hall.
  • Building Permits. Any person planning to perform work in connection with the construction, erection, enlargement, remodeling, altering, repair, raising, lowering, underpinning, moving or wrecking of any building, structure or portion is required to first apply for and obtain a building permit.
  • Alarm Permits. Please note, any resident with a security system that contains an alarm must complete a permit application available at the police station.
  • Smart911. Register for Smart911, a confidential DuPage County service that allows you to create a family profile so that in an emergency, first responders will know as much information as possible when arriving at your home. Registering your cell phone to your home address is another great advantage.
  • Maps. Interactive Village and County maps are posted at

Important Numbers