Commuter Bulletin Board
The Village Recognized that a public Bulletin Board can provide a pathway for delivering information to residents and visitors here in the community. The bulletin board located at the commuter station is a great tool to accomplish this. This policy is to outline the terms and use, prohibited content, and disclaimers as they apply to the use of the Commuter Bulletin Board.
All posts on the Commuter Bulletin Board made by any individual or organization are subject to the terms and conditions established by the Village of Clarendon Hills.
- Users should be aware that Village staff does not monitor activity on 24 hours a day/7 days a week. However, the commuter station is monitored by camera.
- Posters alone are responsible for their postings, and/or any information or content they place or attempt to place on the Commuter Bulletin Board.
- Posts by the public on Commuter Bulletin Board do not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) of the Village.
Staff of the Village, and their designees, reserve the right to restrict or remove content from the Commuter Bulletin Board if the content violates a law, and/or the policy here.
- Abusive, profane, threatening, insulting, false, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, hateful, harassing or stalking, racist, sexist, misogynistic, bigoted, homophobic, vulgar, obscene, violent, pornographic or sexual, inappropriate or offensive, and/or criminal or unlawful language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or another protected status under applicable law;
- Content that constitutes, conducts, solicits, promotes, encourages, or incites criminal or illegal activity or comments that otherwise incite imminent lawless action;
- Content that constitutes or includes an inappropriate and/or unauthorized disclosure of personal data or private/personal information about any individual, including but not limited to address, phone number, social security number and other sensitive information;
- Content that may tend to compromise the safety and security of the public or public systems;
- Content that constitutes or includes copyrighted or trademarked material and/or content that violates the legal ownership interest of another party, submitted or posted without proper authorization or consent;
- Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
The Village of Clarendon Hills disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials or content that Village staff deems inappropriate for posting. The Village shall make efforts to remove said materials in an expeditious or otherwise timely manner, but disclaims liability if circumstances exist that prevent or hinder efforts to remove said materials. Public postings on the Commuter's Bulletin Board are not considered public records and are not subject to FOIA.