SMALL Business Resources
The importance of small businesses in Clarendon Hills is seen in the economic benefits of shopping locally. Small businesses offer a more diverse inventory or specialize in providing unique or personalized customer experiences. Small businesses also present new employment opportunities and serve as the building blocks of our country’s largest corporations. A list of village businesses can be found here: Clarendon Hills Business and Licensed Contractor Directory.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Small Business Guide - providing resources and information to help small business owners navigate this challenging time
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance - The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters (3-Step Process Summary)
- U.S. CDC - Interim Guidance for Business - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updates this interim guidance page as additional information becomes available.
- U.S. IRS - Coronavirus Tax Relief
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response - Prevention, Preparation, FAQs, and Resources
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity - Economic Injury Disaster Loans for Illinois Small Businesses
- Village COVID-19 Information Page
- Village Attorney (KTJ) - The Village Attorney continues to track COVID-19 developments and provide guidance regarding the unprecedented legal and business issues that are rapidly developing as a consequence of this pandemic
- Chamber of Commerce Weekly Workshops - This is open to all business owners and chambers. Each week we shall invite new guest speakers to discuss topics around operating your businesses during uncertainty and challenging times.
- Village Executive Orders Assisting Local Small Businesses
- Commercial Resources
- Google Small Business Grant Program - $800+ million to support small businesses and crisis response
- Facebook Small Business Grant Program - Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time
- American Express Business Resources & Insight, Business Financial Hardship page, and Business Working Capital Program - Recommended resources offered to American Express Business Card Holders
- OTHER RESOURCES
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- State of Illinois Small Business Resources
- Choose DuPage - Choose DuPage is the collective voice of DuPage County’s business community
- Clarendon Hills Chamber of Commerce - A network of local business owners jointly developing, encouraging, promoting, and protecting the commercial, professional, financial and general business interests of the Village of Clarendon Hills
- College of DuPage Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Resource Center of Corporate, Community, and Continuing Education facilitates economic growth, job creation, job retention, and greater business success by providing support, resources, solutions, referrals, and training opportunities for a start-up to established businesses
- SCORE - a nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship
- Illinois WorkNet - one of the most comprehensive employment, business services, and support resources available. The organization leverages partnerships and technology to expand seamless and real-time access to workforce development resources