The Clarendon Hills Police Department issues oversize permits for weight, length, width and heights to loads that are indivisible with a GVW or GVWR of 16,000 pounds or more.
The permits that are available include:
- ONE-WAY OR SINGLE TRIP MOVEMENT: This permit allows for one trip to or from the desired location within Clarendon Hills. Single trip permits are effective for five (5) consecutive days from the date of issuance unless otherwise directed by the police department.
- ONE-WAY OR SINGLE TRIP MOVEMENT: This permit allows for one trip to and from the desired location within Clarendon Hills. Any additional stops between the point of origin and the point of destination are expressly prohibited. Single trip permits are effective for five (5) consecutive days from the date of issuance unless otherwise directed by the police department.
- LIMITED CONTINUOUS USE MOVEMENTS: Movements generally to one site over a period of three (3) months made by oversized vehicles which do not exceed the weight limits in subsection A of this section. Limited continuous use permits may be issued for up to ten (10) trips generally to the same site during the time period allowed.
The application for a permit is available from the Clarendon Hills Police Dept. or click here.
- Permits can be returned to the Clarendon Hills Police Dept., faxed to 630-286-5499 or emailed to email@example.com. The Clarendon Hills Police Dept. is allowed 3-5 days to process the permit. (Most will be processed within a regular business day)
- The top half of the permit needs to be filled out entirely. Any permit application not completely filled out will not be processed. If the permit is hand written it must be legible.
- The Police Dept. reserves the right to deny any permit. Permits which are granted will be returned to the requesting company either in person, email or fax.
- The completed permit MUST be with the vehicle described in the permit at all times while operating on the streets with in the Village of Clarendon Hills and shall be exhibited upon demand to any enforcement officer.
- It is the duty of the permittee to read and familiarize themselves with the permit provisions upon receipt. Undertaking of the permit move is deemed conclusive evidence of acceptance of the permit. The Clarendon Hills Police Dept. sends out statements monthly to companies with approved accounts. No permits will be issued to companies with accounts that are more than 60 days past due.